Download a wiring diagram for our screwed immersion heater by clicking here
What is an Immersion Heater?
Immersion heaters come in three basic types. All are supplied by Process Heating Services. If you click on the headings below, or the links at the bottom of the page, you will be able to view the ranges available.
- screwed immersion heaters, which are discussed in detail in our “What is an immersion heater” blog).
- flanged immersion heaters.
- over-the-side heaters, also known as VAT heaters.
These heaters allow heat to be applied directly to liquids contained in tanks, calorifiers and vats. This process is detailed on Wikipedia in the “Water Heating” entry.
Screwed and flanged heaters access the tank through the tank connection, usually in the side, sometimes through the top. Withdrawable elements are available where tank draining is an issue.
Over-the-side heaters or VAT Heaters are designed for immersion at the top of the tank. This allows easier access & replacement without the need to drain the vessel. VAT heaters are mainly used in the metal finishing and plating industry.
- Heavy Duty Industrial Immersion Heater – PIH Range (4.5kW to 24kW).
- Industrial Immersion Heater – PII Range (1kW to 24kW).
- Calorifier and Brewery Heater – PCAB Range (9kW to 18kW).
- Brewery Immersion Heater – PIB Range (Any Kw Rating)
- Oil Heater Range – POIL Range (750W–4.5kW).
- Removable Brewery Immersion Heater PIR Range (up to 30kW).
- Carbon Flanged Heaters (PFC range – 1kW to 2000kW).
- Stainless Steel Flanged Heaters (PFS range – 1kW to 2000kW).
- Stainless Steel Flanged Withdrawable Heaters (PFSW range – 1kW to 500kW).
- Brass or Stainless Steel Heaters (PFBS range – 12kW to 54kW).
- Removeable Core Heater
Call Jamie on 01827 703228 to discuss your needs. There is no substitiute for a telephone conversation, perhaps supplemented with a photograph or two to firstname.lastname@example.org. Everybody’s applications is different, and we take a pride in getting everything right first time. The best way to achieve this is through a two way discussion. We look forward to helping you address your requirements.