Download a wiring diagram for our screwed immersion heaters by clicking here for Wiring Diagram Immersion Heaters, or here for Immersion Heater Installation, Wiring and Maintenance Instructions.
- Do you offer credit to your customers?
- How much is delivery for your items?
- Is any technical help available when buying from PHS?
- Do you offer a warranty on your items?
- What is Ingress Protection?
- How many elelments can you fit on the various screwplug sizes?
Do you offer credit to your customers?
As a result of previous experiences with bad debt, PHS operates a policy of no immediate credit to new customers. We can accept BACS or cheque payments to clear prior to commissioning of any orders. Credit/debit cards can be used via a paylink on the invoice, with STRIPE, which adds 1.4% to the bill, which is costs incurred, not an additional charge by PHS.
30 days terms are only available to those who place regular, ie, annual, orders with us, and following a minimum of 3 successful orders paid as described above. These terms will be rescinded if we have to chase payment after the end of the following month.
How much is delivery for your items?
There is no set fee for delivery as we stock items weighing from less then one kilo to over a tonne, but, as a guide, up to 4 stock 2.25″ Immersion Heaters will cost only £25 for AM next-day delivery.
Is any technical help available when buying from PHS?
Yes, we are here to guide you with any questions you may have about our products and, with over 40 years industry experience, you are in safe hands…
However, all of our products must be fitted by a fully qualified electrician.
Do you offer a warranty on your items?
We offer a standard 12 month warrantly on all our items as long as they have been used according to the manufactuers specifications. The simple truth is that if it works when it goes in, and dies sometime after, it is a local circumstance that is killing it, be it chemicals, sediment, crust of limescale, etc, preventing the dissipation of the heat away from the element. Any immediate problems due to manufacturing fault are immediately rectified with FOC replacements.
What is Ingress Protection?
IP Explanation and Ratings
EN 60529 outlines an international classification system for the sealing effectiveness of enclosures of electrical equipment against the intrusion into the equipment of foreign bodies (i.e. tools, dust, fingers) and moisture. This classification system utilizes the letters “IP” (“Ingress Protection”) followed by two or three digits. (A third digit is sometimes used. An “x” is used for one of the digits if there is only one class of protection; i.e. IPX4 which addresses moisture resistance only.)
Degrees of Protection – First Digit
The first digit of the IP code indicates the degree that persons are protected against contact with moving parts (other than smooth rotating shafts, etc.) and the degree that equipment is protected against solid foreign bodies intruding into an enclosure.
- 0 – No special protection.
- 1 – Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
- 2 – Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
- 3 – Protection from entry by tools, wires, etc., with a diameter of thickness greater than 1.0mm.
- 4 – Protection from entry by solid objects with a diameter or thickness greater than 1.0mm
- 5 – Protection from the amount of dust that would interfere with the operation of the equipment.
- 6 – Dust tight.
Degrees of Protection – Second Digit
The second digit indicates the degree of protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against the harmful entry of various forms of moisture (e.g. dripping, spraying, submersion, etc.)
- 0 – No special protection.
- 1 – Protection from dripping water.
- 2 – Protection from vertically dripping water.
- 3 – Protection from sprayed water.
- 4 – Protection from splashed water.
- 5 – Protection from water projected from a nozzle.
- 6 – Protection against heavy seas, or powerful jets of water.
- 7 – Protection against immersion.
- 8 – Protection against complete, continuous submersion in water.
How many elelments can you fit on the various screwplug sizes?
Our PII Range is available bespoke with screwplug sizes from 1″ up to 2.25″ with 2.5″ requiring the addition of a brass adaptor (PAB) to a 2.25″ screwplug.
- 1″ – 1 Hairpin – no terminal box.
- 1.25″ – 3 Hairpins + stat pocket.
- 1.5″ – 3 Hairpins + stat pocket.
- 1.75″ – 3 double looped elements + stat pocket.
- 2″ – 3 double looped elements + stat pocket.
- 2.25″ – 3 double looped elements + stat pocket.
- 2.5″ – 3 double looped elements + stat pocket.